Seniors will be released to senior slideshow at the end of WBUL. There will be no announcement due to testing, so please send your seniors! They will be there through the end of 3rd period.
Seniors who pre-ordered a book, even as late as Friday, can pick it up in the auditorium. They will need a photo ID. Seniors who need to buy a yearbook can buy one with first dibs at the concession stand, $95 cash or check to BSHS.
Underclass who pre-ordered can pick up a book in the auditorium during their lunch. They will need a photo ID. Underclass who need to buy a yearbook can buy one during their lunch at the concession stand, $95 cash or check to BSHS.
We will be in the concession stand all next week, selling any leftover books. We will also be selling signing pages and sharpies. On Monday, those will be in the auditorium, but on Tuesday we will move to concession stand. If students don’t pick up their book Monday, they may pick them up in the concession stand after Tuesday.
Buy one now by clicking here! The final day to preorder a yearbook online or in school is on Friday January 25 for $80. If you did not preorder one, there will be a limited quanitity available for $95 in May, with seniors getting the first opportunity to buy.
The 2009 edition of the Minotaur received six Gold Circle Awards from the Columbia Scholastic Press Association. These awards are given to the top books in the country for specific categories. This is the first time Bloomingdale has received one. Only three other yearbooks in Florida earned a Gold Circle award.
- Second place, Advertisting single ad page design, Maria Machina
- Second place, Division page design color, Resa Horta & Grace Semchuck
- Certificate of Merit, Feature Writing: Student Life, Heather Franks, Christina Haase & Ashly Shay
- Certificate of Merit, People spread with mug shots one spread color, Maria Machina & Natalie Morgan
- Certificate of Merit, Opening and closing spread design color, Resa Horta & Grace Semchuck
- Certificate of Merit, Design essentials: title page, Resa Horta & Grace Semchuck
The full list of winners can be found here: http://cspa.columbia.edu/docs/contests-and-critiques/gold-circle-awards/recipients/2010-scholastic-circles.html#N1002A